An effective SEO strategy is used to increase your site’s traffic by enhancing its overall online
visibility in search engines from organic search listings. The beauty of looking for an SEO expert
in a big city like Portland, Oregon is that you have lots of options to choose from. However, on
the flip side, a large town like Portland may also mean a large competition waiting for you
especially if your industry leaning towards the general and common side. Nonetheless, with so
many great SEO experts in Portland, chances are, you’re gonna find one that matches exactly the
things you are looking for in an SEO company.
There are two kinds of SEO
You’ve probably read or heard complicated information about what SEO is. While those are
probably telling the truth, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in the simplest terms, is the
process of telling search engines what your site wants to show up for.
Truth is, many people don’t truly understand SEO and as to the reasons why they need it.
Surprisingly, other people have lasting impressions about SEO being a negative technique. The
good thing here is all legit SEO companies only use ‘White Hat’ SEO since it is what Google
wants a website to practice instead of its negative counterpart.
Some of the components of on-site SEO includes:
- Title tags – the key to effective title tags is good keyword research and relevance.
Optimize only for phrases that are relevant to your page, otherwise, you won’t succeed
and you’re simply wasting your time and effort.
- Page content – make sure to provide interesting and relevant information. Do not ever
copy-paste from Wikipedia and other sites for that matter. Use your own words as best as
- Meta descriptions – this is the snippet that shows under your title tags in search results.
To maximize their benefits, incorporate the same keywords you are using in the title tags
but elaborate more about them.
- Heading tags – these serve as your secondary title tags and they appear in search results
as well when done right.
- Off-site SEO – Once you have put up your site on the internet, the next thing you should do is to implement
ways that you can drive traffic to your site. And this is where off-site SEO comes in. Google
only wants the most relevant and credible sites to show up in search results and one of the many
ways that Google determine this is to take a look at the sites linking to yours as well as the
volume of traffic coming into your site from other sites.
Fortunately, link building can be done in various ways.
- First, if you’re a B2B type, you can ask your clients to link to you.
- Another way is to write informational and interesting content and post it on high domain
- You can also use video optimization to bring in traffic from YouTube and other video
- Or, you can have your site listed on popular online directories
Anything can be done so long as your approaches are within the guidelines of Google and what
Google considers as legitimate.