8 SEO Tips For Every Website Owner
The main point of SEO or also known as search engine optimization is to get more website traffic by utilizing great SEO strategies including on-site and off-site optimizations. Whether you have an e-commerce site or simply a website that showcases your products and services, having a good set of SEO techniques will get your rank moving up in various search engines like Google and Yahoo. Be on the top list ranking in search engine results pages for relevant keywords of your business by following the SEO tips below.
- Tip #1 – “It’s not just about the looks.” This popular phrase does not only apply to people, but also to the online marketing world, specifically in SEO. Just because you have the most flashy or cool looking website does not mean you’ll immediately land on the first page. There has to be more than the physical appearance of your site. It should be easy to navigate and load combined with your SEO strategies to get more traffic.
- Tip #2 – Divide your website budget into three parts; Web Design, Internet Marketing, and SEO. If you want to have a good ranking position, you can allocate half of your budget for SEO and internet marketing. If both are well planned and properly implemented, your investment won’t definitely go to waste.
- Tip #3 – Generate a list of keywords that will give you excellent SEO results. This can be done by checking the monthly search volume of each keyword. Use keywords that yield good search volume but have less competition. Avoid using keywords with the highest and lowest search volume.
- Tip #4 – If you choose keywords with middle to high volume, not too low and not too high, then you will now have what we call as long-tail keywords in your arsenal. These niche keyword phrases will help you reach your desired ranking. It goes without saying that there’s no use in using keywords with very low search volume because nobody actually searches for that keyword.
- Tip #5 – After creating the list of best keywords and phrases for your site, determine which of those bellowing to title tags, description, and URL source code. To optimize your site based on onsite optimization, your best keywords or keyword phrases should be embodied in the first three words of the title fields, the same way that article titles are being optimized.
- Tip #6 – If you’re thinking of using either hyphen or underscore in your URL, it’s best to use hyphen because it has high search results compared to the latter.
- Tip #7 – Keyword optimization doesn’t mean that you are to use your keywords or phrases all throughout your page. No, do not do that because you may get a low ranking for cramming your content with keywords. The same is true with articles.
- Tip #8: One way to keep your visitor on the page longer and gain more customers is to provide informative content like Q&A entries, or forum-style sections to keep them in line. Minimize grammatical errors in your content and make it clear leaving almost no room for doubts. Also, update your site with good content as much as you can.